These macaroons that are flattened to resemble crispy potato latkes will be the hit of any Chanukah celebration.
- 2 cups sweetened flaked/shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, coconut flour, or gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add the egg whites and vanilla. Stir until well combined. With small cookie scoop or by heaping tbsp measure, scoop the mixture onto prepared pans, spacing 2 inches apart.
- With palms, gently press down on each mound until flattened. Bake 15 min., until edges begin to brown. With small spatula, turn cookies over and gently press to flatten again. Switch pans on racks and bake another 12–15 min., until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on pans on wire racks 5 min. Using edge of parchment, pull each pan of cookies onto wire racks to finish cooling. To store, keep in a sealed container at room temperature up to 5 days.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- December 2020
- Lactose Free