Celebrate the Feast of the Seven Fishes this Christmas Eve with a marinated seafood salad that incorporates all seven types of fish into one delicious dish.
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 3 anchovies, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ lb squid, rinsed and sliced into rings
- ½ (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Bay Scallops, thawed
- ½ lb frozen raw peeled, deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- ¾ lb cod fillet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb mussels, rinsed
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (6.5 oz) canned chopped clams, drained
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Into a large bowl, finely grate the garlic or press with garlic press. With a whisk, mash and combine the anchovies with garlic until pasty. Whisk in the lemon juice and vinegar. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cover and heat a medium pot of water to a boil on high. Season generously with salt. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add the squid and simmer 2–3 min., until opaque. With slotted spoon, transfer to a colander set in sink and rinse with cold water to cool. To simmering water, add the scallops and cook 2–3 min., until opaque. Transfer to colander with squid and rinse with cold water.
- To simmering water, add the shrimp. Cook 2–3 min., until cooked through. Transfer to colander with squid and rinse with more cold water. Drain seafood well and add to large bowl with dressing.
- Carefully discard most of water in pot, leaving about 2 inches. Return to a simmer on medium heat, and add the cod. Cook 4–5 min., until firm and cooked through. With slotted spoon, transfer to a medium bowl. To pot, add the mussels. Cover and cook 3–4 min., until all the shells have opened (discard any that do not open). Remove pot from heat and let stand until cool enough to handle, then remove mussels from shells and add to large bowl with squid and shrimp.
- To large bowl with seafood, add the celery, clams, and parsley. Toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cod and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- December 2020
- Guiding Stars
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free
- Paleo Diet