A hot oven helps crisp up breaded cod for an easy seafood dinner the whole family will love.
- 1 ½ lbs cod fillets, thawed if frozen
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- 8 - 10 corn tortillas
- ½ (16 oz) container Nature's Promise Organic Fresh Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut the cod into 2-inch-long, 1-inch-wide pieces. In a large bowl, toss the cod with the flour, chili powder, and cumin until well coated. In a wide shallow dish, whisk the eggs. Place the bread crumbs in a separate dish.
- Add cod to egg mixture and toss to coat. In 2–3 batches, transfer to the bread crumbs, letting any excess egg drip off and pressing so crumbs adhere. Arrange on lined pan.
- Coat tops of nuggets with cooking spray. Season with salt. Bake 25–28 min., until crust is crispy and fish is cooked through. Season with salt to taste. Serve on the tortillas with the salsa.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Lactose Free