This satisfying and comforting dinner features sweet butternut squash and nutty Brussels sprouts alongside crowd-pleasing roasted chicken breast.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in halves
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F. With a very sharp chef’s knife, trim the top and bottom from the butternut squash, then cut the neck from the bulb. With a vegetable peeler, peel the two pieces. Halve the bulb lengthwise and, with a spoon, scrape out seeds. Cut squash into ¾-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with 1 tbsp oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in single layer on one side of a large rimmed baking sheet. To same bowl, add the squash and another 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange in single layer on other side of same baking sheet. Roast 10 min.
- To same bowl, add the chicken, remaining 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, thyme, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well coated. After vegetables have roasted 10 min., add chicken to center of baking sheet in single layer, spacing pieces slightly apart. Drizzle any remaining liquid from bowl over chicken.
- Roast 15–20 min., until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. To serve, drizzle chicken with remaining 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- sheet pan
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free