Freshly squeezed orange juice brings a touch of sweetness to heart-healthy salmon and nutrient-packed beets in this sheet pan dinner that requires only 5 ingredients.
- 2 lbs medium beets, trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Wash and scrub the beets well. Dry with paper towels. With a mandoline or very sharp knife, thinly slice beets.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, toss the beets with 2 tbsp oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange on prepared pan, spreading out in even layer. Bake 20 min.
- Remove pan from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Arrange the salmon between beets, skin-sides down, moving some beets aside as needed. Brush salmon with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Return pan to oven and cook 25–30 min., until beets are tender and salmon is cooked through.
- Squeeze juice from the orange over salmon and beets. Garnish with the parsley.
To serve as another meal for 4, reserve 2 salmon fillets and 2 cups beets after roasting. On a platter, arrange 8 cups loosely packed salad greens. Top with reserved beets; 1 cup diced cucumber; and 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved. Remove skin from reserved salmon and break into bite-size chunks over salad. Drizzle with ¼ cup store-bought white balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free