Upgrade jarred pesto with a purée of roasted red peppers for a flavorful sauce to accompany crowd-pleasing chicken in this quick 5-ingredient dinner.
- 2 lbs small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ (24 oz) jar fire-roasted red peppers
- ½ cup jarred pesto
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss the chicken with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a baking dish in single layer. Bake 20–25 min., or until an instant read thermometer registers 165°F.
- Meanwhile, rinse the jarred red peppers with water and use paper towels to blot dry.
- To food processor or blender, add the pesto and red peppers. Pulse until mostly smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When chicken is cooked, slice and serve topped with red pepper pesto. Garnish with the basil.
This recipe is
- Five Ingredient
- 5 ingredient
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- take 5
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Egg Free