With tangy buttermilk and fresh chives, this simple Cheddar mac and cheese is a satisfying main or side dish.
- ½ (8 oz) pkg Ronzoni® large elbow
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in buttermilk. Continue to whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Cheddar, Parmesan, mustard powder, salt and pepper until melted.
- Toss in pasta, reserved pasta water and chives until well coated.
If desired, bake in preheated 400˚F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Recipe provided by Ronzoni Pasta
- Calories 334kcal 17%
- Fat 21.7g 33%
- Saturated fat 13.6g 68%
- Carbs 17.0g 6%
- Sodium 591mg 25%
- 3.6g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 17.8g protein
- 65mg cholesterol