Extra cheesy, this 5 cheese mac and cheese is an ooey gooey tasty extravaganza.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg Ronzoni® large elbow
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded and divided
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled and divided
- 2 oz Brie, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-sticking cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large high-side skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with flour. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and cream. Increase heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Add 3/4 cup Cheddar, 3/4 cup Gruyere, 2 tablespoons goat cheese, all the brie and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Stir until melted.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water and toss until well coated. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
This is a great way to use up any leftover cheese from a cheese tray. Substitute with any mix of cheese you have on hand.
Stir herb mix of finely chopped fresh chives, thyme and parsley to cheese sauce for fresh finish.
Recipe provided by Ronzoni Pasta
- Calories 560kcal 28%
- Fat 32.4g 50%
- Saturated fat 19.9g 99%
- Carbs 38.1g 13%
- Sodium 635mg 26%
- 4.9g sugar
- 1.7g fiber
- 28.2g protein
- 102mg cholesterol