Accented with jarred basil pesto, this hearty chicken mac and cheese is bursting with yummy flavors.
- 16 oz Ronzoni® elbow
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar , shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated and divided
- 1 ⅔ cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ⅓ cup prepared basil pesto
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle in flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Continue to whisk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Cheddar and Parmesan until melted. Stir in chicken and pesto until combined.
- Toss in pasta and reserved pasta water until well coated.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese and basil.
Finely chopped sundried tomatoes make a lovely addition to this pesto mac and cheese.
Recipe provided by Ronzoni Pasta
- Calories 868kcal 43%
- Fat 45.0g 69%
- Saturated fat 24.9g 124%
- Carbs 68.2g 23%
- Sodium 1136mg 47%
- 9.2g sugar
- 2.9g fiber
- 46.0g protein
- 135mg cholesterol