Cooked in an instant pot for speedy preparation, this braised beef noodle soup smells fabulous as it cooks and tastes even better.
- 8 oz Light 'n Fluffy® extra wide egg noodles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp pepper, divided
- Pinch sugar
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 6 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1 cup arugula
- Melt butter in instant pot cooker set on SAUTE function and heat to MEDIUM. Cook onions, garlic, thyme, pinch each salt, pepper and sugar and for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Reduce heat to MEDIUM LOW and add stewing beef; continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until meat is nicely browned. Add wine and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, Worcestershire and tomato paste.
- Place lid on and lock and seal in position. Set to PRESSURE COOK function on HIGH for 30 minutes. Turn off heat and manually release pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Carefully remove lid.
- If beef is not fork tender, set back to PRESSURE COOK function and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Set instant pot to SAUTE function and heat to MEDIUM. Stir in noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Turn instant pot off. Stir in mustard. Garnish with cheese and arugula.
Sprinkle top of soup with croutons if desired.
Recipe provided by Light ‘n Fluffy
- Calories 519kcal 26%
- Fat 23.2g 36%
- Saturated fat 11.8g 59%
- Carbs 35.8g 12%
- Sodium 661mg 28%
- 3.9g sugar
- 2.7g fiber
- 35.5g protein
- 134mg cholesterol