A fusion of chili and mac and cheese, this crowd-pleasing soup delivers one bowl of lovely flavors.
- 8 oz Light ’n Fluffy® extra wide egg noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook ground beef, onions, celery, jalapeno, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper or 8 to 10 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Stir in broth, beans, tomatoes, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until flavors marry.
- Stir in cream; bring back to a boil. Stir in noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar and Parmesan. Garnish with green onion.
Substitute Cheddar with Monterey Jack cheese if desired.
Recipe provided by Light 'n Fluffy