A play on stir-fried ginger beef, this Chinese take-out inspired soup is accented with both fresh and pickled ginger.
- 6 oz Light 'n Fluffy® medium noodles
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 12 oz sirloin beef strips
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced and divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tbsp pickled ginger, chopped
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over high heat. Cook beef strips, pepper and salt for 5 to 8 minutes or until starts brown; transfer to plate. Stir in onion, carrots, celery, 1 tbsp minced ginger and garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until veggies start to soften.
- Stir in broth, 2 cups water, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in sesame oil, remaining minced ginger and beef strips.
- Garnish with green onion and pickled ginger before serving.
For spicy ginger beef, add 1 to 2 thinly sliced Thai chilies to soup
Recipe provided by Light ‘n Fluffy
- Calories 378kcal 19%
- Fat 16.0g 25%
- Saturated fat 1.8g 9%
- Carbs 48.3g 16%
- Sodium 1450mg 60%
- 10.2g sugar
- 3.7g fiber
- 10.1g protein
- 36mg cholesterol