Classic chocolate-dipped strawberries get a kid-friendly upgrade when popped onto sticks for a mess-free Valentine’s Day snack or dessert.
- 8 large strawberries
- 4 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- Flat craft or ice pop sticks
- 2 oz white chocolate, chopped
- Line a platter or cutting board with wax or parchment paper. With a paring knife, remove green stems from the strawberries. Cut strawberries in half lengthwise. From top of each strawberry where the stem was, cut a V-shape to form heart.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the milk chocolate in 10-sec. intervals, until melted, stirring in between intervals.
- Insert sticks into bottoms of strawberry hearts and dip tops into melted chocolate to cover halfway down strawberry, using a small spoon to spoon chocolate over and brushing off excess, if necessary. Arrange cut-sides down on lined platter to set.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate in 20-sec. intervals, until melted, stirring in between intervals. With fork, drizzle white chocolate over strawberries. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- February March 2021
- Egg Free