Pantry ingredients like canned artichokes and rigatoni turn into an affordable and easy weeknight Instant Pot® pasta dinner.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb medium boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can quartered artichokes, drained
- 12 oz rigatoni
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In an Instant Pot® or multi-cooker set to the sauté setting, heat the oil on high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to Instant Pot® in single layer, in batches if necessary. Cook 4 min. per side, until browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- To Instant Pot®, add the garlic and cook 1 min., until golden. Add the artichokes and ¾ cup water, scraping up any browned bits. Return chicken to Instant Pot®. Seal and set pressure to high. Cook 10 min. Let pressure release naturally for 5 min. and then quick release.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the rigatoni according to package directions. Drain.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a bowl. With forks, shred chicken and return to Instant Pot®. Stir to combine. Toss chicken mixture with cooked rigatoni. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the Parmesan and parsley before serving.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- April 2021
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- Egg Free