This weeknight-friendly pasta dinner is loaded with spring veggies and herbs bound together in a light cream sauce that the whole family will love.
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves, to garnish
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan, to garnish
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, slice the asparagus on an angle into ½-inch lengths. Two minutes before rigatoni is cooked, add asparagus to pasta pot. Drain well and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, halve the zucchini lengthwise, then thinly slice into half-moons. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add zucchini and tomatoes. Season with salt. Cook 5–6 min., until zucchini begins to soften, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and peas and cook 2–3 min., until peas are warm, stirring often.
- To skillet, add the broth and cream. Heat to a simmer. Cook 4–5 min., until reduced and thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To pot with drained pasta and asparagus, add cream and vegetable mixture. Toss until well combined. To serve, garnish with the basil and Parmesan.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- guiding star
- May 2021