Grill once and enjoy this steak dinner twice; first, alongside sweet and tangy peppers, then stuffed into cheesy baked quesadillas for two days of easy meals.
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb mini sweet peppers, seeded and thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 (about 1 ¼ lbs each) skirt steaks
- Set grill to medium-high. In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium. Add the peppers. Season with ¼ tsp salt. Cook 6–8 min., until mostly tender, stirring often. Remove from heat. Stir in the vinegar, then parsley.
- While peppers cook, in a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, remaining ¾ tsp salt, and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Rub all over the steaks. Place steaks on grill and cook 3–5 min. per side, until desired doneness. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let stand at least 5 min.
- Cut steaks into 2-inch-wide sections, then thinly slice against the grain. Arrange on serving platter and spoon peppers on top.
To serve as another meal for 4, save and chop ½ of 1 grilled steak, and ¾ cup pepper mixture. Divide evenly among 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas, placing toward one side of each tortilla. Top each with ⅓ cup grated Cheddar cheese. Fold tortillas over to form half-moons. Arrange on greased, foil-lined sheet pan. Coat tops with cooking spray and bake in 425°F oven 6 min. per side, until golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
This recipe is
- June 2021
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free