This paleo-friendly Instant Pot® recipe delivers two meals for the effort of one. Feast on citrusy chicken and potatoes for dinner and use the leftover chicken to top a salad for the next day’s lunch.
- 1 lb golden potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano, plus more for garnish, if desired
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium lemon
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise. To an Instant Pot®, add the potatoes, chicken, chicken broth, oil, oregano sprigs, thyme, and garlic. Zest and juice entire lemon over mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 8 min. Let pressure release naturally for 10 min., then quick release. Arrange chicken and potatoes on a platter. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then spoon some cooking liquid over chicken and potatoes. Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired.
Green Salad with Chicken and Balsamic Vinaigrette
TIP To serve as another meal for 4, reserve half of the chicken and roughly chop. In a large bowl, toss chicken with 1 (5 oz) container Nature’s Promise Organic Baby Butter Lettuce; 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved; and 2 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced. Toss with ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- one pot
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021
- Lactose Free
- Paleo Diet
- Egg Free