This anytime vegetarian salad is ready in just 10 minutes. A quick soak in cold water mellows the flavor of raw red onion while keeping its crunch.
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large ear corn, shucked
- 8 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Nature's Promise Low Sodium Garbanzo Beans
- 2 ½ cups cheese and garlic croutons
- ¼ cup Nature's Promise White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, cover the red onion with cold water. Let stand 5–10 min. Drain and pat dry.
- Cut kernels from the corn cob. In a large bowl, combine red onion, spinach, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), corn, croutons, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021