Kids will love dunking these French toast sticks in maple syrup. Make ahead and freeze, then reheat in the microwave for an easy on-the-go breakfast.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 6 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 1 large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a wide shallow baking dish, whisk together the eggs and cornstarch. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, whisking to combine. Cut each bread slice into 4 sticks.
- In batches, dip bread sticks into milk mixture until just soaked on both sides. Letting excess milk mixture drip back into dish, transfer bread sticks to lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bread and milk mixture. Bake 15–20 min., until golden, flipping halfway through.
- To freeze, let sticks cool completely. Place in a resealable bag between sheets of parchment. To reheat, microwave 30 sec.–1 min., until warm. Serve with maple syrup for dipping, if desired.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021