Shortcuts like rotisserie chicken, frozen veggies, and frozen puff pastry make classic pot pie easy and speedy. Use your muffin tin for mini pies that are golden and crisp on all sides.
- 1 (12 oz) bag SteamReady frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ (10.5 oz) can 98% fat-free condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- Cooking spray
- Flour, as needed for dusting
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Microwave the mixed vegetables according to package directions and cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine vegetables, chicken, condensed soup, thyme, and ¼ cup water. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Generously coat cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. On a surface lightly dusted with flour, roll 1 puff pastry sheet into a 12x12-inch square. Cut into 6 equal squares. Press puff pastry squares into muffin cups. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Divide chicken mixture among puff pastry cups (about 3 tbsp filling each). Fold the corners of the puff pastry over filling so they meet in the middle and pinch together. In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 tbsp water and brush over tops. Bake 20–25 min., until crust is golden and crisp.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- September 2021