This easy, kid-approved breakfast is also balanced, thanks to protein-packed eggs, nutritious veggies, and hearty potatoes in the form of premade tater bites.
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ (28 oz) pkg frozen tater bites
- ½ small red bell pepper
- 7 large eggs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 oz shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Generously coat cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Add 2–3 tater bites to each muffin tin. Bake for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, seed and finely chop the bell pepper. To a large liquid measuring cup, add the eggs and milk. Using a fork, whisk together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- When tater bites have cooked 10 min., carefully remove muffin tin from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Divide bell pepper, broccoli, and cheese among muffin cups. Pour egg mixture over muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake 20–25 min., until eggs are set. Let stand 5 min. before removing from muffin tin. If omelets stick to the pan, use a butter knife or small icing spatula to nudge them out.
Feel free to swap out the bell peppers and broccoli for other veggies like grated zucchini or carrots, frozen chopped spinach, or corn.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021