Featuring shrimp, chorizo, peas, and rice, this dish doesn’t need a paella pan, as the Spanish staple is cooked using the simplest technique of all—a sheet pan.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups yellow saffron rice (also called Spanish-style)
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (3.5 oz) pkg dried chorizo, diced
- 1 ½ cups sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 (12 oz) bag Nature's Promise Peeled & Deveined Medium Raw Shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 16x11-inch rimmed baking sheet with the oil. Spread the rice on baking sheet and toast in oven 5 min.
- Meanwhile, to a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup, add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and paprika. Heat in microwave 2–3 min., until almost boiling.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully pour chicken broth mixture over rice, stirring to combine. Top with the chorizo and red peppers. Return to oven and cook 30–35 min., until rice absorbs liquid.
- Stir the paella and top with the shrimp and peas. Bake 5–10 min., until shrimp is cooked. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and parsley, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- one pan
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- Wheat Free
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free