Prepare this slow cooker dump dinner in the morning and come home to a ready-to-eat meal of tender pork pieces in a paprika and sour cream sauce.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp sweet paprika, divided
- 1 (3 lb) pork shoulder
- ½ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, to garnish
- Cooked egg noodles, to serve
- In the bowl of a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker, toss onion with 1 tbsp paprika, salt, and pepper. Spread onto the bottom of slow cooker bowl.
- Trim excess fat from the pork shoulder and cut meat into 2-inch chunks. In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 tbsp paprika with salt and pepper. Rub all over pork. Add to slow cooker bowl. In same medium bowl, whisk together the beef broth and tomato paste. Pour over pork. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and cook on low 9–10 hours, until pork is fork-tender. With slotted spoon, transfer pork to a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine ¾ cup liquid from slow cooker with the sour cream. Toss with the meat, garnish with the chives, and serve over egg noodles.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep