Not only does this African-inspired vegan stew affordably feed a crowd, but it also does it in under 30 minutes. Top with roasted peanuts at the end for crunch.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Butternut Squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2 - inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne (optional)
- 1 (32 oz) container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (12 oz) bag Nature's Promise Organic Kale
- 1 (13.5 oz) can lite coconut milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts finely chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Cut the butternut squash into smaller pieces. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onion and cook 4–6 min., until onion is softened, stirring frequently. To pot, add the garlic, ginger, and cayenne, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 30 sec., stirring constantly. Stir in the vegetable broth, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Bring mixture to a boil. To pot, add the butternut squash, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 10–12 min., until fork-tender. Season with salt and pepper. In batches, stir in the kale until wilted.
- To Dutch oven, add the coconut milk and peanut butter, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the chopped peanuts, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- October November 2021
- plant based
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free