Your favorite spinach-artichoke dip has been revamped into a main meal with chicken. Serve this over polenta or mashed potatoes for a hearty dinner.
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chives and onion cream cheese spread, or regular cream cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (18 oz) tube polenta cooked, to serve (optional)
- In a 12-inch oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. In batches, if necessary, add chicken to Dutch oven skin-side down and cook 4–5 min., until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- To skillet, add remaining 1 tbsp oil and the onion. Cook 6–8 min. on medium-high, until onion is softened, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and flour. Cook 30 sec.–1 min., stirring constantly. Slowly pour in the broth, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- To skillet, stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts. Bring mixture to a boil. Return chicken to skillet skin-side up, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover with lid. Simmer 25–30 min., until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add the cream cheese to skillet, stirring until it melts. Garnish with the Parmesan and green onions. Serve chicken and sauce over polenta, if desired.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free