This quiche delivers the best part of carbonara with a pancetta and creamy egg mixture but with the added bonus of shaved Brussels sprouts and a flaky pie crust. Serve for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 frozen deep-dish 9-inch pie crust
- 8 oz fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 (4 oz) pkg diced pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake the frozen pie crust for 20 min. Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, trim the Brussels sprouts and thinly slice.
- To a 12-inch skillet, add the pancetta and heat on medium-high. Cook 6–8 min., until crisp, stirring occasionally. Add shredded Brussels sprouts; sauté 3–4 min., until Brussels sprouts have wilted slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 sec. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Season well with salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts mixture to the bottom of par-baked pie crust. Pour egg mixture over top. Bake 40–45 min., until set in center. Let stand at room temperature at least 10 min. before slicing.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- October November 2021
- From Freezer to Table Cookbook