Bucatini, a thicker version of spaghetti with a fun hole in the center, is tossed with pantry ingredients like croutons and anchovies along with greens for an easy 5-ingredient dinner.
- 1 (12 oz) pkg bucatini pasta
- 1 (5 oz) bag herb-seasoned croutons
- ½ (2 oz) tin anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 2 (5 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise® Organic Baby Spinach & Kale
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the bucatini according to package directions. Drain in a colander, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, add the croutons to a plastic bag, seal, and pound with the back of a skillet until finely ground like bread crumbs.
- To a 12-inch skillet, add the anchovies and their oil. Cook on medium-high 3 min., using a spatula to mash anchovies into a paste. Add the spinach mixture, in batches, cooking until wilted, stirring constantly. To skillet, add cooked bucatini, stirring to combine. Add pasta water, 2 tbsp at a time, as needed.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with crushed croutons and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- October November 2021
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep