Starring a pasta shape that catches all the sauce for an explosion of flavor in every bite, this 5-ingredient meal is ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Butternut Squash
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 (16 oz) box fusilli pasta
- 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Mild Italian Chicken Sausage
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cut the butternut squash chunks into even pieces. Add to pot and cook 10–12 min., until soft. Using a slotted spoon, transfer butternut squash from pot to blender. Add the butter, salt, and pepper to blender. Purée until smooth.
- Meanwhile, add the fusilli to boiling water and cook according to package directions. . Place the baby spinach in a colander in the sink. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid, then drain pasta in colander, pouring over spinach to wilt. Return fusilli and spinach to pot.
- Meanwhile, remove casings from sausage. To a greased 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high, add sausage. Cook until sausage is browned, 6–8 min., stirring and breaking up sausage with back of spoon.
- When pasta and spinach are drained, return to pot on medium-high. Add sausage and butternut squash mixture. Add the pasta water, 2 tbsp at a time, until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with grated Parmesan, if desired.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- October November 2021
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep