Roasted bell peppers are tasty vessels for a cheesy rice and beef filling to please adults and kids alike.
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 oz) pkg 90% lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 (8.8 oz) pkgs Nature's Promise® Precooked Basmati Rice
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded 6 Cheese Italian Blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place peppers cut-sides down on baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Bake 15 min., or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add the ground beef and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until beef is almost fully cooked, 6–8 min., stirring and breaking up beef with back of spoon.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions. To skillet, add rice, tomato sauce, and ½ cup cheese. Stir to combine and cook 2–3 min., until mixture is warm. Remove from heat
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven and flip peppers so they are cut-sides up. Spoon beef and rice mixture into each pepper. Top filled peppers with remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake for about 5 min., or until cheese has melted.
- 9 to 5
- Guiding Stars
- September 2021
- Family Favorites
- 9 Ingredients 5 Meals