From crunchy to creamy, and salty to sweet, this unexpected salted caramel pie will satisfy everyone’s holiday dessert cravings.
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers (38 crackers)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (12.2 oz) jar caramel sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups heavy cream, divided
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt, plus more if desired
- ½ (8 oz) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To a food processor, add the saltine crackers and brown sugar. Pulse until it forms a flour-like consistency. Add the melted butter and pulse again until fully combined.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan and press down firmly with the palms of your hands or the bottom of a glass. Refrigerate 15–20 min.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the caramel sauce, eggs, ¼ cup heavy cream, and salt. Pour into refrigerated pie shell. Bake 45–50 min., until middle no longer jiggles. Sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired. Allow to cool completely.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly drizzle in remaining 2 cups heavy cream and whip until soft peak forms. Add sugar and vanilla, and beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream mixture over salted caramel or pipe onto pie using a piping bag fitted with a tip. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- December 2021