Whether for an easy holiday side or a light dinner, this Mediterranean-inspired salad of couscous and chickpeas just gets better the longer it sits.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups pearl couscous
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more to garnish
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill, plus more to garnish
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- In a heavy-duty medium pot, heat the water to a boil on high. Season with salt and add the couscous. Return to a boil, cover with a lid, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 10–12 min., until water is absorbed. Let couscous stand 5 min. and then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, za’atar, and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the oil slowly, whisking until thoroughly combined.
- To bowl, add the chickpeas, onion, pecans, parsley, and dill along with couscous. Toss gently to combine. Allow salad to sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 min. before serving. Top with more parsley and dill to serve and pomegranate seeds, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- December 2021
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free