This Southern-inspired side dish is done quicker in an Instant Pot than simmering on the stovetop for hours. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
- 8 strips bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Nature's Promise® Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 (16 oz) bags fresh shredded collard greens
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Set an Instant Pot to Sauté function. Add the bacon and onion to Instant Pot. Cook 5–7 min., until bacon is crisp and onion is translucent, stirring constantly.
- To Instant Pot, add the chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add the collard greens by the handful, stirring to wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 10 min. Let naturally release at least 15 min. Stir in the apple cider vinegar and serve.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- gluten free
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- Wheat Free
- December 2021
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free