Skip a trip to the grocery store for this vegetarian chili recipe that uses up pantry ingredients like canned beans and is thickened with couscous.
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Nature's Promise® Organic No Salt Added Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 oz) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.7 oz) can cream style corn
- 2 tbsp salt-free chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup raw couscous
- 2 cups water
- Sour cream, to serve (optional)
- To a large pot, add all the beans along with the diced tomatoes, corn, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and couscous.
- To pot, stir in the water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat and let simmer 25–30 min., until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- Egg Free