These no-bake cookie dough bites with a base of protein-heavy canned chickpeas are a perfect snack for adults and kids.
- 1 (15 oz) can no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup low-fat milk or plant-based milk
- ¼ cup quick oats
- 8 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ cup regular or mini chocolate chips
- To a food processor, add the chickpeas, peanut butter, milk, oats, dates, oil, chia seeds, vanilla, and salt. Puree until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using wet hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate or freeze bites for at least 30 min.
This recipe is
- Meal plan
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- January 2022
- Egg Free