With only 5 ingredients and 20 minutes, you’re set for a quick weeknight dinner with classic chicken piccata. Serve with a side of rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.
- 1 ¼ lbs chicken breast cutlets
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Nature's Promise® Organic Capers, drained and roughly chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the flour to a large plate, then dredge chicken in flour until lightly coated on all sides.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add chicken in a single layer and cook 3–4 min. on each side, until golden. Meanwhile, from the lemon, squeeze 2 tbsp juice and grate 1 tsp zest into a small bowl.
- When chicken is done, use tongs to carefully transfer to a serving platter. Immediately add ¼ cup water to the pan, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Cook 1–2 min., until reduced. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and capers and cook for 1 min., stirring constantly. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free