Pitas get crispy for a top-your-own pizza party shortcut. Kids will love picking their own toppings in an easy family-friendly dinner.
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 6 whole-wheat pitas
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced white mushrooms
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped ham
- ½ cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two large rimmed sheet pans with parchment.
- Using a spoon, spread the pizza sauce onto each pita and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Garnish with the toppings, as desired. Add pita pizzas to baking sheets. Bake 12–15 min., until edges are golden brown.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- 30 minutes
- Guiding Stars
- January 2022
- Egg Free