What’s better than kielbasa for a game day spread? Enjoy this quick and tasty play on pigs in a blanket made with crescent dough and kielbasa.
- 1 large egg
- Flour, as needed
- 1 (8 oz) tube crescent dough sheet or crescent dough rolls
- 2 tbsp honey mustard, plus more to serve
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning, divided
- 1 (14 oz) pkg kielbasa sausage
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tbsp water.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the crescent dough sheet. Cut into 4 rectangles. (If using crescent dough rolls, make sure to press the seams together in each rectangle.) Brush rectangles with the mustard and sprinkle with 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning.
- Cut the kielbasa into 4 even pieces. Place a sausage piece in each crescent rectangle. Press dough to fully enclose sausage. Brush dough all over with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each sausage into four or five 1-inch pieces. Place on baking sheet. Bake 15–18 min., until golden brown. Serve with more honey mustard, if desired.
To make your own everything bagel seasoning, combine ¼ cup sesame seeds, 2 tbsp poppy seeds, 2 tbsp dried minced onion, 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper, and ¼ tsp coarse sea salt.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Game day
- Nut Free
- Big Game
- February March 2022
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free