These margaritas taste just like the slushy-style ones at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
- 6 limes, divided
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher or margarita salt (optional)
- ¼ cup triple Sec
- ⅔ cup blanco (or silver) tequila
- 3 cups ice, plus more if needed
- Squeeze 4 limes into a medium bowl, aiming for ⅔ cup juice. To bowl, add the sugar and stir until mostly dissolved.
- If desired, to a small plate, add the salt and spread in an even layer. Cut 1 lime into wedges. Run 1 lime wedge around the rims of margarita or rocks glasses. Dip the rims into the salt to adhere. Cut remaining lime into wheels for garnishing.
- To a blender, add lime juice mixture, triple sec, tequila, and ice. Purée 1–2 min., until a slushy consistency. Pour immediately into prepared glasses. Garnish glasses with lime wheels.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- May 2022
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free