These easy, cheesy make-ahead chili-cheese dogs are the perfect fuss-free way to feed a crowd.
- 3 oz block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ (15 oz) cans canned chili with beans
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Toppings such as diced red onion, sliced jalapenos, and shredded lettuce (optional)
- Cut the cheese into 1-inch cubes. In a large bowl, stir together the chili with beans, green chilies, and cheese cubes.
- To a 4- to 5-qt slow cooker bowl, add the hot dogs in a single layer and top with chili-cheese mixture. Cover and cook on low 3–4 hours or on high 1–2 hours. Serve in buns and add toppings, as desired.
This recipe is
- Game day
- Nut Free
- Hot dog
- May 2022
- Egg Free