Take cheesy vegetarian nachos on the go with this easy 15-minute recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ½ (1 oz) pkt Nature's Promise® Organic Chili Seasoning
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Nature's Promise® Low-Sodium Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 (5- 9 oz) snack-size bags tortilla chips, corn chips, or plantain chips
- ½ (8 oz) pkg finely shredded nacho taco cheese blend
- Toppings such as sour cream, salsa, jalapeno slices, chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Sauté the onion 5 min., until softened. Stir in the chili seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
- To skillet, stir in ¼ cup water, the diced tomatoes, and all three types of beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, open a chip bag and top with some bean mixture. Add cheese and other toppings, as desired. Repeat with remaining chips, beans, and cheese. Serve immediately.
Instead of using snack-size chip bags, you can also fill wax paper bags with everyone’s favorite chips.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Fifteen Minute
- On The Go
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- May 2022
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes
- Egg Free