These over-the-top sundaes are covered in an easy chocolate shell made in the microwave.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- ½ (1.5 quart) tub ice cream
- Whipped cream, maraschino cherries, rainbow sprinkles, chopped walnuts, crumbled chocolate cookies, mini marshmallows, and/or candy-coated chocolates for garnish, (optional)
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-sec. increments, stirring in between, until fully melted, about 90 sec. Let mixture cool for about 5 min.
- Scoop the ice cream into serving or sundae bowls. Pour hard shell directly over ice cream. Top with the garnishes immediately, or add after shell has hardened. Store extra hard shell in a sealed container at room temperature for 2–3 weeks.
This recipe is
- Soda Fountain
- June 2022