Get the speed of spatchcock chicken with none of the work by using store-bought chicken halves. Marinating in Italian dressing is another hack to make dinner even easier.
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Nature's Promise® Organic Italian dressing
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (4- 5 lb) pkg split chicken halves
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, combine the Italian dressing, garlic powder, paprika, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the chicken halves between 2 large resealable bags and pour marinade over each, dividing marinade equally. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to 400°F. Grease grate. Discard marinade and rosemary. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill and cook 10–12 min. per side, until internal temperature is 165°F and juices run clear. Garnish with the parsley to serve.
If you can’t find chicken halves, cut the backbone out of the chicken using sharp kitchen shears. Flip chicken over and use the heel of your hand to press down on the breastbone to break it. Spread the skin evenly across the breast and cut straight down the center of the chicken to get two halves.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- June 2022
- Wheat Free
- Meal Prep
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free