These Peruvian juicy grilled drumsticks have an herby, spicy sidekick for a delicious chicken dinner where the marinade does all the work.
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 ½ lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lime juice, 1 tbsp oil, and 3 cloves minced garlic.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chicken, cumin, oregano, paprika, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken and stir. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to 400°F. Place chicken on grill and cook 10–15 min. per side, until internal temperature is 165°F and chicken is cooked through. Let chicken rest for 5 min. before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the jalapeños, cilantro, Parmesan, remaining garlic clove, remaining 1 tbsp oil, and vinegar. Blend on high speed until a smooth paste forms. Add the mayonnaise and blend until combined and smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Serve sauce with drumsticks.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- June 2022