This flavorful stew, inspired by a traditional dish from the Philippines, is incredibly tender from braising in a vinegar-based sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 head garlic, smashed and unpeeled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 (8.8 oz) bags Nature's Promise® Jasmine Rice
- Sliced green onions, for serving (optional)
- In a slow cooker on the saute setting or a 12-inch skillet on medium-high, heat the oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add chicken and cook 3–4 min. per side, until golden (chicken will not be cooked through). Transfer to a plate.
- To a 6-qt slow cooker, add the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, onion, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Stir until combined. Add seared chicken thighs. Cover and cook on low 5½–6 hours, until tender.
- To serve, microwave the rice according to package directions. Remove the bay leaves and garlic from chicken mixture and discard. Serve chicken over rice and drizzle with sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- September 2022
- one pot
- Nut Free
- Meal plan
- May 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free