Fresh zucchini is the star of this elegant tart infused with French flavors and goat cheese. Serve this as an easy vegetarian breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ (17.3 oz) box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (4 oz) pkg goat cheese
- 3 tsp herbes de Provence, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Thinly slice the zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and place in a colander for 15–20 min. to release liquid. Then, using paper towels, gently press out as much liquid as possible.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unfold the puff pastry onto floured surface. Roll pastry out to a 9x12-inch rectangle. Transfer pastry to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use a fork to prick pastry all over. Bake 7–8 min., or until lightly golden.
- Add the goat cheese to a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 15–30 sec., until warm. To cheese, stir in 2½ tsp Herbes de Provence. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Using a spatula, spread goat cheese mixture onto partially baked pastry. Sprinkle cheese with the walnuts.
- Arrange zucchini in a horizontal pattern. Top with remaining ½ tsp Herbes de Provence. Bake 25–30 min., until pastry is golden brown and zucchini is fully cooked. Garnish with the chives to serve.
If you don’t have Herbes de Provence, you can make a substitute blend with a few common ingredients like oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
This recipe is
- Plant Forward
- July August 2022
- Guiding Stars
- Egg Free