Ramen gets an upgrade with this easy protein-packed vegan lunch. It’s plant-forward, full of flavor and texture, and affordable.
- 2 (3 oz) pkgs ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 1 cup Nature's Promise® Organic Thai Peanut & Honey Dressing, divided
- 1 (12 oz) bag rainbow slaw
- 1 (14 oz) pkg Nature's Promise® Organic Extra-Firm Tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
- Break up the noodles into small chunks, taking care not to break up too finely. To a large serving bowl, add noodles, ¾ cup dressing, and the slaw. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until noodles are soft.
- When close to serving, slice the tofu into ½-inch-thick slabs. Lay slabs on a paper towel –lined plate and top with more paper towels. Place a cutting board or flat plate on top of tofu and weigh down with a pot. Let drain 10 min. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut pressed tofu slabs into ½-inch cubes. To a medium bowl, add the cornstarch, 1 tbsp water, and remaining ¼ cup dressing. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Toss tofu cubes in dressing mixture to coat. Spread coated tofu cubes onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 min., until golden, shaking baking sheet halfway through.
- To serve, add noodles to each plate and top with the sliced almonds and orange segments, if desired. Divide tofu among plates and serve.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Plant Forward
- July August 2022
- $10 Meals
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free