This easy slow cooker dump recipe combines the best of creamy mac and cheese and homemade chili. Black beans and kidney beans add protein and fiber to this vegetarian dinner.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen chopped onions and peppers, thawed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and mild green chilies
- ½ (8 oz) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp sweet paprika or 1 (1 oz) packet Nature's Promise® Chili Seasoning
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 12 oz dry elbow pasta
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- To a 5-quart slow cooker, add the onions & peppers, beans, diced tomatoes with chilies, cream cheese, paprika, and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir in the dry elbow pasta and cook on high for 30 min., until pasta is fully cooked, stirring halfway through. Stir in the cheese and let melt. Garnish with the sour cream and green onions to serve.
If you can’t find chili seasoning, make your own by combining 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, ½ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper.
This recipe is
- September 2022
- Nut Free
- plant based
- Meal plan
- Guiding Stars
- Meal Prep
- Egg Free