This affordable chicken dinner is inspired by congee or jūk. Using the Instant Pot® cuts down on the time, so you can have it finished in only one hour.
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 (2 inch) knob fresh ginger
- 1 bunch green onions
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- In an Instant Pot®, combine the rice, soy sauce, broth, and water. Season with salt and pepper. Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 35 min. Let naturally release at least 20 min.
- Meanwhile, make the green onion–ginger sauce: Peel and then roughly chop the ginger. Chop the green onions into 1-inch pieces. To a food processor or blender, add the oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and purée until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small pot and heat over medium-high. Cook 1–2 min., until the raw ginger taste is gone, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from heat and let cool.
- To Instant Pot®, stir in the shredded chicken. Serve rice porridge with green onion sauce drizzled on top.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- September 2022
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free