This easy and quick apple dessert comes together in just 30 minutes with the help of the air fryer. A homemade crumble with brown sugar and cinnamon makes these apples taste like miniature apple crisps.
- 2 large firm apples
- 2 tbsp salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Peel and core the apples. Cut apples in half vertically. Place 2 wooden chopsticks horizontally on a cutting board. Lay 1 apple half cut-side down between the chopsticks. Starting at one end of the apple half, slice down from the top of the half until the knife hits the chopsticks. Repeat until apple is sliced completely across, slicing every ⅛ inch. Repeat with remaining apple halves.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stuff butter mixture in between slices in apple halves and spread over top of apples. Cut four 6x6-inch squares of aluminum foil. Place 1 apple half on each piece of foil and fold up excess foil into small side walls without touching apples. Sprinkle chopped nuts over apples.
- Place apples into preheated air fryer. Cook 14 min., until apples are brown and tender. Let cool 2 min., then serve with the ice cream, if desired.
To bake: Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake 1 hour, until apples are brown and tender. Let cool 2 min.
This recipe is
- Wheat Free
- gluten free
- October November 2022
- air fryer
- Guiding Stars
- Celebration Moments
- Egg Free