This hearty 5-ingredient breakfast has plenty of protein and fiber to power you through the day. Treat yourself to this delicious, eggy recipe during the week or on the weekend.
- 1 (6 oz) bag baby spinach
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup fat-free half & half
- 6 large eggs
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Microwave the baby spinach according to package directions.
- Between six 4-oz ramekins on a baking sheet, divide spinach and chopped tomatoes. Add 2 tbsp half & half to each ramekin.
- Using a spoon, create a small nest in center of mixture. Crack 1 egg into each ramekin. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 20–25 min., rotating halfway through.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and slice into 1-inch-thick sticks. Serve egg pots warm with toast sticks for dipping.
If desired, spread Tuscan-style herb finishing butter on the toast.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- 5 ingredient
- October November 2022
- take 5
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars